We see it in the eyes of newly engaged couples, excited to plan their day whether it is in a whirlwind 5 months time or 2 years, arriving at the wedding shows with smiles from ear to ear, ideas floating around to plan the perfect day. Suddenly the sheer volume of exhibitors hits them. Their ideas become frazzled and a smile becomes a frown and the spark in their eyes look fed up. Then their plans that are still an idea become unachievable. Don't give up so quickly! We know dreams can come true, you just need to find the right team that can work with you with options and solutions so that your ideas become a reality.
Sometimes we have spoken to couples who have been speaking to another supplier and their ideas aren't being executed at all because the supplier has assumed that the couple wants something completely different and create a dream that isn't yours. Or simply because they actually do not have the resources or skills to create your dream. Disheartening? Oh yes, it is. It's such an emotional rollercoaster, some brides-to-be have even burst into tears! Fear not, Ragasaan is experienced and the team who can with a 'can do' approach to event planning and management.
This year, once again Ragasaan are the Associate Sponsors of the 12th National Asian Wedding Show at Olympia London on 11th-12th November 2017, Europe's largest Asian wedding show, with a two-day extravaganza where you can meet and speak to exhibitors and also see the India Fashion Week London & The Femina India Wedding Show for bridal inspiration. And for the first time, this show will be held at the iconic Olympia London. You might be visiting with a goal because you have been planning for years or you have just started to look because you need ideas. Whatever your reason for visiting, follow our easy tips to make the most of Europe's largest wedding show.
- Go to NAWS with a game plan - are you looking for inspiration or finding the right suppliers to work with you?
- Keep an eye out on NAWS social platform to see which exhibitors will be there in addition to the sponsorers of the event. Then list the suppliers you want to see. Stand numbers will be in the show plan when you enter.
- Take money with you, there will be some exhibitors that will be selling items on the day.
- Think about the approximate number of guests attending your wedding. It is difficult for anyone to give a ballpark figure based on numbers that you do not know the approximate number of guests invited. You will need to consider this when you book a venue if you haven't already.
- Wedding shows are a great place to find and book your; Photographer and videographer CatererWedding plannerEntertainment ie, DJ and AV production, photobooth, dancersMakeup ArtistsDecor CompaniesMarqueeWedding AttireWedding Bands
- Visit the Catwalk, it is great for inspiration if you aren't sure about the latest bridal trends. The show will feature India Fashion Week London and Femina Fashion Wedding Show, so don't miss this to find the Bridal look for you and your entourage.
- Take money with you, there will be some exhibitors that will be selling items on the day. Weddings are expensive, so take advantage of the show offers if they are available, however, remember to make a clear and rational decision before committing to the purchase.
- Who will you take with you to the wedding show? Will it be just yourself and partner or parents, siblings and besties? Decide who would be happy to be involved in helping you plan your day. Ideally, this person would also be hands-on on the day.
- Don't just collect business cards and flyers, if you have had a chat with any brand reps, jot a couple of notes so you know that you remember the supplier. You can easily forget the person who handed you a flyer unless the brand some form of communication or stall that stands out.
- After the show, the suppliers who have taken your details will be in touch. In the meantime, build up a rapport by following their social accounts and sending an email to arrange the appointment you need. Afterall, planning takes months and months and you don't want to miss out on that deal or date because you never got in touch.
- Take a break. We wouldn't expect you to walk around for hours collecting information and not digesting anything. You might have missed some core suppliers, so go back to stands that might be of some value to your event.
- Lastly, we will be holding an exclusive VIP Lounge where you can discuss your wedding requirements with a member of our events team. Here you will be able to discuss your ideas and sample our canapés and mocktails. Spaces are limited so be sure to book your slot when you arrive at the National Asian Wedding Show.